Join Wessex Museums as Freelance Project Manager
This position is now closed .
Would you like to join Wessex Museums as a Freelance Project Manager?
Are you passionate about history, art, and culture? Do you thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment? Wessex Museums is a partnership of seven leading museums based in Dorset and Wiltshire. We are looking for a highly organised and skilled Project Manager to be part of our exciting journey.
Project Manager – Partnership Exhibitions
- Wessex Folk: A captivating touring exhibition celebrating the folk art and traditions of the Wessex region. This project includes community co-curation and artist commissions, making it a unique and engaging experience for all.
- RiverRun Wessex: A ground breaking partnership with Cape Farewell that explore the environmental crisis related to chalk stream in Wessex. This project involves collaborations with communities, scientists, artists, and curators, resulting in artist residencies and a contemporary art touring exhibition.
- Contributing to NPO programme, planning, and progress monitoring.
- Supporting the partnership working groups, including organising and minuting minutes.
- Co-ordinating the procurement and work of subcontractors working to NPO programme deliverables.
- Provide reports for our CEO, the WMT Board, and ACE.
- Contribute to updating, maintaining associated documentation and strategies, and submitting to ACE in accordance with agreed standards and deadlines.
- Champion our commitment to Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion, ensuring Wessex Museums EDI policy and action plan are delivered.
Deadline for applications
10am, Monday 16 October 2023
How to apply
Please send the following documents to email@example.com, with the subject line “PROJECT MANAGER”,
by 10am on Monday 16th October 2023:
A covering letter setting out your interest in and what they can bring to the role, including an outline of previous experience relevant to the contract brief (no more than 2-sides of A4).
Interviews to be held week commencing 23 October 2023. Location TBC.
Any questions or further support
If you would like an informal discussion about the role before applying or would like support or assistance with the application process, please contact us. Include your topic of enquiry and mobile number so that a member of the team can respond.